Friday, December 3, 2010

The Last Post

This will be my last post on I Need SuperNanny.  Why?  Because I've come to a realization that my children were not the problem, it was my attitude towards them.  Recently, we've pulled both Jack-Jack and Dash out of their private schools and I am homeschooling them.  What a surprisingly wonderful experience this has been!

Our schedules are often so busy that we don't have time in the evenings to sit down for dinner and talk about issues that may be bothering us, or just to talk about our day.  What had been missing was that I didn't really understand what was going on especially with Dash.  Now that we are together every day, life is calmer and more joyful. 

We take walks, play games together, eat meals together and are really getting to know each other.  I am finding that I love being around my children!  Dash and Jack-Jack have amazing senses of humor and are wildly creative and imaginative. I think I am learning as much or more than they are. . . now if I could only convince Violet to homeschool! 

Thank you to my followers for taking this journey through parenting with me.  I am blogging about homeschooling at www.theopendooracademy.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment